Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will attend Princess Beatrice and Edoardo’s wedding


The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended a
JP Morgan event in Miami on Thursday, a palace source has said. Prince Harry spoke at the event but it is
unclear whether he was paid to appear. It comes after the couple said they would
step back as “senior royals” and work to become financially independent. They will stop using their HRH titles, no
longer carry out royal duties or military appointments and no longer formally represent
the Queen. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved to Canada
last month with nine-month-old son Archie Harrison. The couple chose to reside in the
North American nation after stepping back from their roles as “senior royals” last
month. The couple briefly returned to the UK in January
following an extended six-week Christmas break there. Since the couple announced their desire to
become financially independent there has been speculation about how they might make money. After speaking to the Queen and her heirs
Prince Charles and Prince William, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex received support for
“their wish for a more independent life”. In a statement, the Queen said: “Following
many months of conversations and more recent discussions, I am pleased that together we
have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family. “Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be
much loved members of my family. “I recognise the challenges they have experienced
as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more
independent life. “I want to thank them for all their dedicated
work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how
Meghan has so quickly become one of the family. “It is my whole family’s hope that today’s
agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life. As the Duke and Duchess of Sussex step down
from the comforts of royal life, many are wondering whether the pair will ever return
to the UK. In the couple’s statement, Meghan and Harry
said they were planning to split their time between North America and the UK, meaning
they will come back. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex could even
come back as early as this spring for a very special occasion. Prince Harry’s cousin Princess Beatrice,
whom he is very close with, will get married on May 29 and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex
are expected to attend. Meghan and Harry attended the wedding of Beatrice’s
sister Princess Eugenie in 2018, just a few days before they announced they were expecting
their first child. Beatrice’s nuptials will take place on May
29, a couple of weeks after Archie turns one. Buckingham Palace has confirmed Princess Beatrice
and Edo’s wedding date and venue in a statement issued on Friday, February 7. The statement read: “The wedding of HRH
Princess Beatrice of York and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi will take place on Friday 29 May 2020.
The couple became engaged in Italy in September 2019. “The Queen has kindly given permission for
the ceremony to take place at The Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace. “The ceremony will be followed by a private
reception, given by The Queen, in the gardens of Buckingham Palace. The Royal Chapel is intimate and can only
seat up to 150 guests. In addition, to Meghan and Harry, other members
of the Royal Family likely to attend includes Princess Eugenie and husband Jack, Prince
Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth II, Princes Charles and Camilla,
Duchess of Cornwall and Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge. The chapel has been used for royal weddings
and christenings over the past few centuries, including the baptism of the Duke and Duchess
of Cambridge’s children Prince George in October 2013, and Prince Louis in July 2018. In addition, Princess Beatrice is known for
her close friendship with A-list celebrities, who are likely to be invited to the nuptials. This includes Ellie Goulding and her new husband
Caspar Jopling, British Vogue editor Edward Enninful, Ayda Field and James Blunt. Princess Beatrice’s wedding to Eduardo Mapelli
Mozzi will take place on 29 May, Buckingham Palace has announced. They will be married at the Chapel Royal at
St James Palace, with a reception later at Buckingham Palace. The Queen will host the private reception
in the palace gardens. Beatrice, the 31-year-old daughter of the
Duke of York and the Duchess of York, became engaged to her property tycoon boyfriend in
Italy last September. Buckingham Palace says that the choice of
the Chapel Royal, a family chapel adjacent to the home of Princess Beatrice, is an indication
of the scale and nature of the wedding. It has been chosen by Beatrice and Mr Mapelli
Mozzi, known as Edo, for its “intimate atmosphere”. The chapel is also where the wedding of Queen
Victoria and Prince Albert was held in February 1840. The announcement ends weeks of speculation
over the date of the wedding, amidst the scandal over Beatrice’s father, Prince Andrew’s relationship
with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Prince Andrew has retired from royal duties
for the foreseeable future. While the wedding of Beatrice’s sister, Eugenie,
was shown on ITV in 2018, there is no intention to televise this ceremony, said Buckingham
Palace. No public money is to be spent on the event,
which is set to be more of a low-key affair. It will be the fourth royal wedding in two
years. The previous three – Princess Eugenie, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Lady Gabriella
Windsor – all took place at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle. Beatrice’s wedding venue can hold 150 guests,
while around 800 attended her sister’s wedding. Millionaire Mr Mapelli Mozzi, who has been
a friend of Beatrice’s family for several years, started dating the princess in autumn
2018. Their relationship is said to have started after they met each other again at Eugenie’s
wedding. Beatrice, a cousin of the Duke of Cambridge
and the Duke of Sussex, is ninth in line to the throne. She is not a full-time royal but
works for artificial intelligence software firm Afiniti, where she is vice president
of partnerships and strategy. At the time of their engagement, the couple
said, in a joint statement: “We are both so excited to be embarking on this life adventure
together. “We share so many similar interests and values,
and we know that this will stand us in great stead for the years ahead, full of love and
happiness.” His parents, Nikki Williams-Ellis and former
Olympic skier Count Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi, said at the time of the engagement that the
couple was “made for each other” and that the family had “known Beatrice for most of
her life”. Mr Mapelli Mozzi, who is also a count, has
a young son, Wolfie, from a previous relationship. Beatrice’s wedding will be a much more low-key
affair than her sister Princess Eugenie’s big royal wedding in Windsor. Royal reporter Rebecca English reports the
wedding will not be televised, and there’s no plans to ever show it. She also reports
that Beatrice’s father Prince Andrew, who has been under heavy scrutiny for his close
relationship with Jeffrey Epstein, will be giving her away—perhaps one of the reasons
Beatrice’s wedding will be more private. When Kate Middleton and Prince William held
their wedding reception at Buckingham Palace on April 29, 2011, it was a blowout affair. After the televised ceremony at Westminster
Abbey, the couple hosted a luncheon for 650 at the palace. Later in the evening, 300 guests returned
for a more casual reception, and the couple was serenaded by Ellie Goulding for their
first dance. William’s cousin Princess Beatrice and her
fiancé, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, are planning to marry this year, and it seems their wedding
will have a few similarities. On Monday, the Sun reported that Beatrice is also opting
for a springtime ceremony with a Buckingham Palace reception. Goulding is a close friend
of Beatrice’s so she’ll likely be in attendance as well. The similarities, though, will probably
end there. Prince Andrew is under pressure to invite
the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to his daughter Beatrice’s wedding in May, but many fear the
event will become “the Harry and Meghan show”. Prince Harry and Meghan would normally expect
to be among the senior family guests when Beatrice and property tycoon Edoardo Mapelli
Mozzi get married at the Chapel Royal in St James’s Palace on May 29. But some in the family fear their presence
could overshadow the nuptials, which will be watched proudly by Andrew and ex-wife Sarah
Ferguson. Harry and Meghan were accused of “hijacking”
Beatrice’s sister Eugenie’s wedding to Jack Brooksbank in 2018. Then, the Sussexes
announced Meghan’s pregnancy to the Royal Family as they gathered for the service in
St George’s Chapel, Windsor. One friend of the Yorks explained: “The
last thing Andrew and Sarah want is for what should be their daughter’s happiest day
to turn into another ­episode of the non-stop Harry and Meghan show. However, they will
be there if the Queen absolutely insisted.” Beatrice and Edoardo’s wedding has already
been postponed once ­following Andrew’s catastrophic TV interview over his friendship
with billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Instead of a large public event at St George’s
Chapel, the wedding will be held in a smaller royal chapel, with a reception hosted by the
Queen at Buckingham Palace. A maximum of 150 guests will be able to attend
the ceremony, which is being described as low-key and intimate by the palace. One courtier said: “Beatrice and Harry are
cousins and it would be natural for him to go to her wedding. But no one would be happy
if it turned into a Sussex sideshow.” It comes as the Queen is reportedly keen for
Beatrice and Eugenie to carry out more public engagements for the family following the decision
by Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals. A courtier reportedly said: “Her
Majesty thinks that her granddaughters should attend more royal events and carry out more
duties.” Prince Charles is also said to back the idea. Meanwhile, experts estimate Harry and Meghan
could have made up to £500,000 from what may have been their first paid-for event last
week. The couple, who have vowed to become financially
independent, surfaced in Miami on Thursday to attend a conference hosted by international
bankers JP Morgan. The Duke spoke of the years he has spent in
therapy to help him cope with the death of his mother Princess Diana. The event, at 1 Hotel South Beach, in the
city’s trendy art deco district, has been dubbed Billionaire School. It was aimed at getting tycoons to mix with
talented “creatives”, as a way of generating business.

2 Comments

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *