HomeArticlesMaking Rainbow Cakes With Lamorne Morris, Keith Morrison, Josh Mankiewicz And Kelly Clarkson
Making Rainbow Cakes With Lamorne Morris, Keith Morrison, Josh Mankiewicz And Kelly Clarkson
March 13, 2020
– All right, welcome back. I’m here with Keith
Morrison, Josh Mankiewicz, and Lamorne Morris! (audience cheering) – Yaas! (Kelly laughing) And back again to help us get into the St. Patrick’s Day spirit is our friend and sell top Baker Courtney Rich, give it up for Courtney! (audience cheering) Welcome back!
– Thank you! – I loved having you the first
time cause you bring cake. – Thank you, I like to leave
people with full happy bellies, – [Kelly] Yes!
– And then I’m usually invited back. – We can be the best of friends. So what are we doing today? – Okay so we’re doing a really
fun and easy rainbow cake. So look over here, this is– – [Kelly] That’s easy to you? – Your end goal, yes it is. Okay I’m gonna show you
everything you need to do. – That’s simple. – He’s like I’ve done that
before, we’re good, okay. – Is it the twist method? – All right so everyone
has a piece of plastic wrap down here, this is how
we’re gonna make a rainbow. So we all have rainbow
colors in little Ziploc bags. – Yep. – So everyone take, start
with your top rainbow color, we got a little pink, and we’re gonna make a line. So start at the end of your Ziploc bag, your plastic wrap, okay? And then just keep going
with your rainbow colors. – Wait wait, oh yeah the different colors okay I got ya I got ya. I need it spelled out,
right next to each other. – Okay so we’re straying
from the formula here. – All right that okay Lamorne.
– What are we doing? – All right you do you.
(Courtney laughing) – All right so we just go in a row. – Yes so get all six colors
and then I’m gonna show you how to fold this up. – I’m so hungry. Okay wait, so we don’t use this one right? – Not yet.
– Not that one. – Don’t use the white just yet. – Okay. – All right, Kelly you’re
ready to fold with me, ready? – Okay, okay. – Okay, so hold on to the end.
– Okay. – All right? We’re gonna fold over gently, so that it makes kind of a big circle. – Oh okay so you connect them. – Yes.
– All right. – And now we have a larger piping bag with a star piping tip on it. – Okay – And we’re gonna take our
rainbow colors and just add those right in – Okay
– the piping bag. – Piping bag, very familiar.
– [Kelly] Okay. – Look at that. Okay now, let’s talk about
how to hold the piping bag real quick cause some people
have some piping fails because all of the sudden
the, like, frosting comes out the end over here.
– The back – Yes, the back end. – I call it the butt. – So twist like that.
– There we go. – Okay, twist your end. – Okay twist your end.
– Or as Kelly would say, the butt. – Twist your butt. – Twist that ass. – All right. (audience and Kelly laughing) – [Lamorne] Twist that ass! – Okay hold with your
thumb like this, so– – Oh okay.
– Yes. And then you’re gonna apply pressure with your fingers up here. – Okay.
– Okay. Now, just on the side and
we’ve kept them really tall so you’re more eye
level it makes it easier to pipe your frosting. – And then you just make a rainbow? – Yes ma’am. We’re just gonna go right
in a big half circle. – [Keith] This is not gonna work. – And you kind of twist the
piping bag as you do it. – Can we see the difference
between mine and hers? See hers has every color
of the freaking rainbow. Mine, mine is just green and yellow. How did that happen? – Okay so twist your
hand as you’re doing it. So, I’m gonna bring mine over
here in just a little bit we’ll see if we can get a camera angle. And we’re gonna twist. – It’s a little better,
it’s a little — mmmm. – There you go, there you go.
– Mmkay, mmkay. – Apply a little less pressure. How’s team Dateline doing down there? – Not well, not well! – I mean how’re we doing? Hey all right, all right! – Oh my rainbow got better! My rainbow got better. – Look at this! – How’s everybody doing? – Look at that it takes practice. – Yeah. – It’s a little practice. – It’s bad, it’s real bad. – How we doing Lamorne? – Okay. – No! (Kelly laughing)
– Are you taking a — – He’s studying this This is fantastic. Okay I’m gonna come down here real quick. – Dateline is struggling. – Josh can I just show you something? – Oh yeah. (everyone talking at once) – [Kelly] I’m gonna just start. – All right ready? I’m gonna start low, come
high, and then end low. – Oh yeah. – See now you can do that.
– Now your turn. – Just like an episode of Dateline. – Yeah yeah, that’s right. – He’s got a stance, are we watching Lamorne’s
stance right now? He is like, here. – Wait I’m messing up the clouds. – Oh, lucky horseshoe. (audience laughs) – How do you do the upside down rainbow? It’s a cake crime. – Okay, and Kelly started on our clouds. – Well I don’t know what mine
are but how do you do clouds? – Yeah, I just do like a little W. And then you can do a couple.
– That is better, okay. – Just a little bit like that.
– Okay. – You’re doing horseshoes.
– Yeah – Now on the top we can do like this swirl so we get all our colors on top here. I’ll start at Kelly and
then you can finish it. – Do you want me to keep moving
it while you’re doing it? – Yes, actually that helps a ton actually. – Oh, oh.
– Yeah. – Look at this maneuver.
– Keep going keep going. – See, I am a great sous chef. – [Courtney] I love it!
– [Kelly] I like it. – Are you guys seeing this? (everyone laughing) – How do y’all do it?
– Oh my gosh! – [Lamorne] Perfect. (crowd cheering) – His looks amazing, he’s
gonna decorate your — Oh my god he’s getting it on the glasses! – Yeah, teamwork make the dream work. – That’s how we get it done.
– All right well Courtney has the finished rainbow cake over here. Everybody come over here. – [Courtney] And we
gotta eat the cake too. – Stop the project. – We cannot just decorate,
we gotta eat the cake. – Okay. – And I actually have a little surprise. This one’s really fun. So if you make this at
home have your kids around. My daughter went bananas for this. I have a little surprise inside. – Ooooh. – [Keith] A new car! – You get a cake, you get a cake! – Let’s make sure we
can, okay this is gonna get messy for a second hold on. – Get messy, just like my kind of kitchen. – Okay, here we go all right. – Are we watching are we looking? – [Kelly] Yes.
– [Courtney] What’s inside? – [Kelly] What? – [Lamorne] Whoa! How did you get that in there?
– Money! – So when you make your cake round you’ll use a little cookie
cutter before you stack. Make little circles inside as you stack, you add the coins, and then the kids go
bananas for chocolate coins on the inside. – My kids would have freaked out at this. (audience clapping) I wanna try it, can I try it? – I’m gonna cut slices for everyone. – I’m just gonna take
it from the cake, mmhmm. – It’s a green velvet, so
I know you love red velvet. – I love red velvet. Thank you so much, this is delicious! You got gold coins.
– I got a gold implant. – It’s like Willy Wonka.
– It’s delicious.